Launched in 2017, Bigpage.in is a B2B e-commerce marketplace based in Kolkata, India. The platform allows you to target buyers in over all the districts of India and sell items across more than 40 major product categories.
But Bigpage can be tough to navigate for new sellers. Here’s what you need to know about selling on this platform.
How to sell on Bigpage?
Bigpage is an online marketplace for global import and export businesses to sell items in wholesale quantities. You can sell products across a wide range of categories, including:
- Medical Equipment
- Fashion Accessories
- Building & Construction
- Electronic Items
- Gifts & Crafts Items
- Food & beverage Items
- Health & Beauty Products
How to find products to sell?
There are a few simple steps that you can take to help you decide what to sell on Bigpage:
- Research the market. Find out which products are popular on Bigpage and its reason. Will you be able to offer similar products at the same (or better) price point?
- Check buyer requests, browse buyer requests for products on Bigpage to gauge the level of demand for different product categories.
- Sign up for email alerts. Subscribe to Bigpage’s Trade Alert system, which sends the latest buyer requests straight to your email inbox.
Cost to Sell in Bigpage:
Why is it a great Platform to Sell?
While it’s entirely possible to make money selling on Bigpage, there’s no guarantee of profit. Not only will you need to compete with a wide range of other suppliers — many of whom are based in India and can offer products at bargain-basement prices — but you’ll also need to consider our membership fees and other overhead.
Even though there’s no guarantee you’ll make money, there are a few things you can do to boost your odds of success on Bigpage:
- Start out with a free membership. Register for a free membership so you can sample Bigpage’s features. This allows you to get a feel for how the platform works and the level of buyer demand before you commit to an annual membership.
- Partner with a Indian manufacturer. Join forces with a Indian manufacturer to help increase your profit margins and fulfill orders.
- Research the market. Research how other suppliers market and price similar products on Bigpage. This will help you understand how to attract your target buyer and how to price your items.
- Seek out buyers. Get proactive about generating new business by browsing the latest buyer requests and offering quotes to potential customers.
How to Sell in Bigpage?
You can register for a Bigpage supplier account by completing the following steps.
- Visit the Bigpage seller homepage. Compare the plans and choose the relevant one, then click the provided sign-up link.
- Select the “Join Bigpage.in” tab and then fill up the required spaces.
- Check your email for a message from our end. Click the link in this message to verify your email address.
Bigpage.in offers many membership plans for Sellers, select the membership plan that will suit your business. If you want a paid membership, enter your payment details, you can pay via credit card, debit card or wire transfer.
At last complete the verification & authentication process.
How to decide the Price?
You’ll need to consider two things when pricing items on Bigpage:
- What you pay. Consider how much it costs you to manufacture, store and ship your products. What represents an acceptable profit margin above your total production costs?
- What buyers are willing to pay. Find out how much the buyers pay for similar products. Use this information to work out a reasonable price point for buyers.
What types of payment methods does Bigpage accept?
Bigpage accepts only 3 types of payment method option which are both reliable and safe:
- Credit card
- Debit card
- Online bank payment
How to organize the Shipping charge?
When you’re working out an order agreement with a buyer, you’ll need to quote shipping costs and delivery timeframes. Because Bigpage lets users buy in bulk, depending on the size of the order, you may need to consider using an international freight service.
How to market the Bigpage products?
- Assess listing keywords for increased exposure and search engine optimization.
- Promote top-performing products through our Product Showcases feature.
- Tap into Bigpage’s Keyword Advertising feature for pay-per-click advertising to help increase product visibility in search results.
- Offer discounts and coupons to buyers to encourage repeat business.